Friday, August 22, 2014

Acceptance

Something about only getting 3 1/2 hours of continuous sleep does weird things for your outlook on life. 

Last night was definitely the worst pregnancy-sleep night to date.  I was able to sleep soundly from around 10pm until 1:45am.  After that, it went downhill.  Sleep did not find me until well after 3am, I tossed and turned between 4am and 5am, and I woke up around 6:30 with the sinking realization that I would not be going back to sleep. 

Last pregnancy, this night would have crushed my soul.  But for some reason, I simply accepted my fate of inevitable fatigue for the day.  This is a race simulation training day:  If I can handle a 2 year old with errands/doctor's offices during nap/quiet time on 4 hours of sleep, I can survive sleepless nights with an infant. 

One thought repeated itself in my head this morning during my shower: "This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it."  For today, for right now, I accept that I am still pregnant - and may remain pregnant for several more weeks.  And that's okay.  That sentiment may change tomorrow.  But for today, I will try to rejoice in the day that the Lord has made, trust in His timing, and rely on His daily mercies.

Thank goodness one of those mercies include coffee!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment