Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Challenge

Christmas is now over.  The New Year is upon us. This is the time people start making new commitments or resolutions. Lose weight. Eat healthy. Be more generous. These are all fine goals, but they are not specific enough. As a result, these resolutions remain unfulfilled until the following year. To increase your chance of success, you need to be S.M.A.R.T. - Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-Based. 

Which brings me to my challenge. 


Starting January 1, 2015, I am committing to #100DaysOfMiles.  According to their Facebook event, there are 4 simple rules:

#1 NEVER GO 3 DAYS WITHOUT RUNNING
#2 RUN AT LEAST 3 DAYS A WEEK
#3 NEVER MISS A MONDAY
#4 NEVER GIVE UP!

That's it.  No minimum distance, no streak.  Just to run 100 days by December 31, 2015.  It's that "easy"!
Will you join me? 

2 comments:

  1. I like the acronym SMART. Thanks for sharing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I learned that acronym in nursing school and have been using (and advocating it) ever since.

      Delete