Friday, February 27, 2015

Something fishy...

Food and I have an interesting relationship.  I love to cook and bake, but I don't like to eat.  I like trying new recipes, but I don't like to eat.  I'm one of those eat-to-live people.  But I also get bored with food very easily and quickly.  So, I love finding new foods on Pintrest, though I rarely follow a recipe.  Instead, I'll use what I find as inspiration and end up creating something completely different than the original instructions.  Unfortunately, as I was lamenting to my husband recently, the recipes I find on Pintrest are few and far between because so many call for processed foods that we don't eat.

"It's so hard to find good, healthy, from-scratch recipes.  I can look on Pintrest for 20 minutes and not find a single recipe that I would want to eat."

My sweet Hubby then recommended that I just publish my own recipes.

And so, without further ado, I give you...


Lemon Rosemary Salmon

1 sprig fresh rosemary
Juice from 1 lemon
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 cup Olive oil
Salt and pepper
3 servings of salmon, 3-6oz each

Mince rosemary and garlic cloves.  Combine with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.  Pour over top of salmon and let rest for 5-10 minutes, flipping salmon once so both sides become seasoned.

Heat some olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat.  When the pan is hot, add the salmon.  Pour the remaining marinade on top of the salmon.  Cook approximately 5 minutes, then flip and cook another 3 minutes.  Occasionally spoon some of the juices/marinade on top of the salmon.

Serve over pearled barley and steamed broccoli for a complete "clean eating" meal.
A glass of wine or dark beer would not hurt either...

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment