Sunday, March 1, 2015

A Positive End

This has been a rough month for me.  At the beginning of the month, I finally went to my OB to get on medication for postpartum depression and was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism.  Since then, there have been days of complete exhaustion and days of finally feeling like my old self; of brain fog, a bodily weariness that requires rest, and finally - like warm sunshine in winter - a few days of energy.

Speaking of winter...

The fatigue/weariness and winter conditions have made running very difficult, though I did get outside with these two handsome boys after the last snowstorm that left us with 6 inches of snow!  In all, I think I ran twice all month.  That PR at the Monument 10k is probably not gonna happen this year...  But that's okay.  I will take what I can get, and be grateful that I can still run at all!

Saying goodbye to February with a 5k in 28min on the treadmill
February is over, and I'm glad to see it go.  And I am going to keep running forward towards hopeful energy and a bright future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment